Thursday, January 12, 2012

El Camino Romano - The Roman Road

My grandmother had it written inside the front cover of her King James, my mom copied it into her New King James, and I have the verses marked in my New American Standard.  It was one of the first things I was taught when I crossed the line of faith in 1990.  It's the Roman Road.  It's the wonderful words of life, the word of the Lord, the promise of eternal life, and the reality of sin.  It's what I think about almost daily, and it's what I live for.  

So I thought five Costa Rican students should know it too.  My kids are great. They're chatty, flirty, and smart.  Just like they should be.  They love to please their teachers, and are hurt when they get something wrong.  They love encouragement and praise, and they respond well to correction.  They are everything good students should be.  

This is their first year at La Palabra de Vida (the Word of Life) Academy.  They will get an education that approaches the highest level that Costa Rica offers, and they will also receive bible instruction each day also.  

For this short English class, I'm teaching, I am given freedom to discuss the bible every day.  Today I chose the Roman Road.    You probably know it, but here it is just in case.  It's beautiful in Spanish as well as English.  Here's the Spanish version:

Romans 3:23 Pues todos han pecado y están privados de la gloria de Dios.

Romans 5:8 Pero Dios demuestra su amor por nosotros en esto: en que cuando todavía éramos pecadores, Cristo murió por nosotros. 

Romans 6:23 Porque la paga del pecado es muerte, mientras que la dádiva de Dios es vida eterna en Cristo Jesús, nuestro Señor.

Romans 10:10  Porque con el corazón se cree para ser *justificado, pero con la boca se confiesa para ser salvo.

Anyone, even me, can share something so valuable, everything, and I mean everything, pales in comparison.  Amen.

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

1 comment:

  1. Bill you just made me cry! I so enjoy your BLOG and your love for GOD! Thank you for sharing your faith, thoughts and life with me :-)

    ReplyDelete