1) We're flying United, extra bags are $40! This is good news since we have some pre-K supplies and an office machine to transport to the school.
2) We are staying at Apartotel Obelisco, a wonderful place in Costa Rica, that our family loves. I can already taste the gallo pinto each morning for breakfast.
3) We even have a car with a GPS and a cell phone this time! For those of you familiar with Costa Rica, since the roads have no names, it's always an adventure getting anywhere. I can say I will miss directions like "drive down the big four lane road past the Burger King and turn left where you see a stand that sells yellow piggie banks. Follow the road up the hill by the big Jesus statue."
4) We will be assisting the school with interviews and other activities to help improve curriculum. Additionally, we will be working in the after-school program for the little ones.
5) We will be helping to arrange and take field trips with other LPDV families.
6) Our missionary friends have moved into our home in Cottage Grove and are enjoying their time there. Please pray for them as this will be a busy year of furlough activities.
7) We will be seeking the will of the Lord each day of our adventure, asking the Holy Spirit to use us in a mighty way to bless these folks who have dedicated their lives to furthering Christ in Costa Rica.
Have a great week!