Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Seeing and helping.

Vickie and I have often thought about our place in this scripture:

Romans 10:14-15 But how can people call for help if they don't know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven't heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them? And how is anyone going to tell them, unless someone is sent to do it? That's why Scripture exclaims, A sight to take your breath away! Grand processions of people telling all the good things of God!

I guess that the way it was explained to me made it hard to see how I could ever "fit in" to God's special plan for my life, as I was told He had!

I'm not particularly good or experienced at telling people of the One who can be trusted. I know how to do it, I sense when I should do it, but I'll have to admit, the times I have shared my faith with others have been rare. I suspect I have plenty of company.

When I read this verse in The Message, a couple of things jumped out at me that helped. First, there are those calling for help. Second, there are those who are good at telling. Third, and most importantly, Vickie and I (especially Vickie), are good at knowing who needs help, and we are becoming good at helping those who are good at telling.

And that my friends, pretty much sums up what we're doing for 37 days. You have helped to send us. Matt and Lisa Befus have established a great school where those who need help are told the things they need to hear. Yes, they learn mathematics, science, spelling, art, and all those other things. They also learn the tender, everlasting, incredible love of the hero, Jesus Christ.

We're just here to help. We see needs and we have prepared ourselves, with your help, to meet a lot of them. And we're pretty good at that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment